Then apply for a C. Whitcomb Conference Scholarship! You’ll need to find a teacher who teaches writing that would nominate you & “[y]ou’ll both be awarded a day at the Willamette Writers Conference, August 3-5, 2012 at the Airport Sheraton in Portland, OR.”
Here are the deets:
* Entries must me submitted between March 1st and June 1st, 2012. Postmark deadline.
* Winners will be notified by June 13th, and will have until July 1 to accept or decline the award. Alternates will receive any awards not claimed.
* Instructors from accredited colleges who teach writing and accredited high school teachers who teach writing can nominate their best students by telling us why the student would benefit from the conference (150 words or less). The most compelling entries will be selected.
* The name and contact information for both the teacher and the student must be included on the entry.
* Submissions can be e-mailed, mailed or faxed.
* Teachers can enter as many students as they like. However, they are limited to an award of one free day, even if several of their students also win one free day.
* Ten one day conference scholarships are available.
* Students who have already received a scholarship for previous years are not eligible.
* Scholarships cannot be transferred to anyone else.
The Willamette Writers Conference offers a wide variety of workshops from some of the best professionals in the business. Topics include writing techniques, marketing, the writing life, and other “how tos.” In addition, approximately 50 consultants – literary agents & editors, and film professionals– will be there to take pitches. A handful of people get their start with these consultants every year, and some go on to great success.
Note: The scholarship is for registration, which includes classes, daytime meals and snacks. Transportation, accommodation, pitch sessions and evening meals are on your own.
2108 Buck St
West Linn, OR 97068
For more information: http://www.willamettewriters.com